Sikeston Convention & Visitors Bureau announces photo contest | Community Spirit
SIKESTON, MO (KFVS) - The Sikeston Convention & Visitors Bureau is looking for area photographers to enter the Sikeston CVB Photo Contest.
The Bureau is encouraging creativity, artistry and photos that simply make you feel good about living in or visiting Sikeston.
The contest is open to the public. You must be 18 years or older to enter. The contest runs from October 10, 2013 to November 1, 2014.
A full list of rules and guidelines can be found at the website www.visitsikeston.com.
There are five categories you can enter:
1. Everyday life in Sikeston & surrounding area (people pictures of everyday life)
2. Special Events (Rodeo, Cotton Carnival, festivals, community events, etc.)
3. Family Activities (picnics, reunions, sporting activities, etc.)
4. Outdoor Recreation (biking, hiking, fishing, parks, etc.)
5. Landscapes (city and rural, neighborhoods, historic sites, etc.)
Photo entries will be accepted through November 1, 2014.
After that date, a panel of judges will select the best entry in each category.
These category winners will be posted on the Sikeston CVB website (visitsikeston.com), where the public can vote for their favorite.
The photo with the most votes will be named “Best of Show.” Winners will be contacted by email or phone.
- $100 to the winner in each category
- $50 to the runner-up in each category
- Prize Basket for Best of Show
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.