Sikeston officer unintentionally discharges gun, shot in the leg | News
SIKESTON, MO (KFVS)- New details about an officer being shot in Sikeston on Sunday. Police now say an officer was being treated after the officer unintentionally discharged his gun and was shot in leg.
According to Capt. James McMillen, it happened around 4 p.m. off of Murray Lane.
McMillen says DPS officers responded to the area after a call about shots fired.
When officers got to the area, Capt. McMillen says the officer's weapon unintentionally discharged and he was shot in the leg.
McMillen says it was a single gunshot wound and the officer was being treated for non-life threatening injuries.
An investigation is still continuing around the shots fired off of Murray Lane.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Scott County Stories
Upcoming Events near Scott County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse