Former Sikeston teacher pleads guilty to child sexual misconduct | News
SIKESTON, MO (KFVS)- A former Sikeston area school teacher has entered a guilty plea to sexual misconduct with a child.
Andrew J. Delles, 29, of Jackson went before Judge Benjamin Lewis on the morning of February 11 in reference to a Sikeston investigation last year.
During his appearance, Delles pleaded guilty to sexual misconduct involving a child less than 15 years of age.
The investigation began nearly a year ago (March 22, 2012) when allegations of misconduct with a student came to the attention of the Sikeston R-6 Junior High staff.
The cell phone of a student was subsequently searched and police located nude pictures of Delles on the child's phone.
It was discovered during the investigation that Delles had sent the pictures of himself directly to the student.
Delles was arrested and removed from teaching at the school.
In court Monday, Delles admitted to sending naked pictures of himself to a 14 year old student with the intent to arouse sexual desire.
Delles will be sentenced on March 11 for the offense.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Scott County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse